Monday, September 7, 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub, I'm in the recession tub

Remember as a kid when they told you to save water. You know, like the whales were going to end up in a desolate, dried-up ocean if you ran the faucet too long while brushing your teeth. Well today I was thinking about those whales, the ones I killed as a kid because I needed to play in the sprinkler system, wagging my tongue in the water as to signify my liquid wealth. Ah summer.


Well, I decided that this extravagance has to stop. It's a recession dammit. I mean, seriously, they took a whole slice of cheese off of the Dollar Menu double cheeseburger and now it's the "McDouble"; sounds like McBullshit to me.


Back to the water situation. So we use something like 42 gallons for one shower. Then it got me thinking. I have this big mass of water in my backyard. Sure, it's usually used for swimming, but tomato/tamato. I'm going to save those whales dammit and wash my hair just like Aphrodite in my very own recession tub. Now my hairdresser would probably advice me against this (as she just dyed my hair), but it's for the whales and like hermit crabs or whatever.








No comments:

Post a Comment