Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza with Guest Blogger Dirty Blonde

Hello kids. Sorry about the delay. Been sick and recovering from last weeks events down in the Paign. So I did it. I desecrated my body as Vern would say, no longer allowed to be buried in an Orthodox Jewish cemetery, and got myself some ink.


feed the birds toppins a bag

Moving on. So I got the ink by myself for about a half hour until Dirty Blonde and C to the OC showed up to mock me and chat with the owner/artists who must have been having Vaudeville day at the shop because they were all wearing vests, suspenders, and they gelled their mustaches just right for my visit. Hmmm.


So we venture back to E and Papa Joe's and prepare (via adult beverages) for the night's outing. Everyone is talks and smiles and I am happy to be away on a vacay on this day....oh wait, is that cake? It is f*cking cold outside, which means that we inevitably decide to sit outside as it is the only place available at the Brewery where of course they still aren't brewing any beer. Thanks Blind Pig. More like Thirsty Beaver. Whatever.




Insert guest blog: Thanks to Dirty Blonde, here is a vignette of what went down:


"Games you played when you went to slumber parties: Truth or Dare, I never have I ever…, etc.




For J’s birthday, the weather was a titty bit nipply. I think I could have cut glass with mine and it took me two days to defrost from that night. When I get cold, I get sleepy. To keep the evening fun and exciting, we decided to resort back to the slumber party games. What makes it more fun doing it at a bar is there are more people around to get involved in the dares and/or increase the embarrassment. We decided to play Truth or Dare first with a clause that you can’t pick Truth. Ted had to drop “trou” meaning he had to drop his pants to his ankles, in freezing cold weather mind you. I had to give some married guy a violet and say a poem the married guy released the flower like I handed him a dirty Kleenex, so funny. I also had to pull a Joey Tribiani “Hey, how you doin’?” Followed by the stupidest pick up line in the world, “What’s your sign?” Of course, the first guy I approached took all the fun out of this one. I got out the “Hey, how you doin’?” He replied, you could tell this guy has barely ever spoken to a girl before, for a second, I thought he might pee his pants. Then I asked him, “What’s your sign?” He turns to his two friends, other guys mind you, and asked them what his sign was. WTF? After about two- to five-minutes, we figure out he’s an Aries. Way too much work for a Dare! Shot time!!! Apparently, I scared the guys off, I wasn’t even inside the door to go get shots when they took off in the other directions. They had to go get reinforcements. So funny."






Here are some snapshots of J hugging strangers via the DARE.









The next day was nicely punctuated by brunch at Silvercreek, where a group of friends realized that you can in fact, eat your weight in delightful, gourmet brunch fare. So E, Papa Joe, C to the OC, Mr. Orange County, Dirty Blonde, Ted, Jilly Bean and I join together before I hit the road. And to the mimosas....here's one for the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment