Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Papa and Pedicures

Today my dad came to me and asked me about nail polish.  I looked at him quizzically and asked the simple question, "Why?" He replied, "Well, I got this split toenail you see and I need something to bind it together.  Will nail polish work?"  I started to laugh and said, "I don't know, but I guess it can't hurt." I have been waiting for something like this situation for awhile.  Something funny to write about and right dab in front of me was such a situation.  So I did what any good, loving daughter might do and I gave my dad a pedicure with some nice pink polish from Essie.  He requested a "natural" color and most of mine were of the "Dark, I Hate the World" variety so pink it was going to be.  I wanted to paint all his nails so they would match and he said no.  So now my dad has one pink big toenail.

This blog is dedicated to Jill and her father, may he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment