Saturday, September 25, 2010

When You're There, I Sleep Lengthwise

and when you're gone, I sleep diagonal in my bed.



So Ellie Moose is today's today's topic of choice. Many people wonder why a beagle mix of sorts is called "The Moose" and I laugh at the comment. She may be a mid-size dog, but she is one hell-a-of-sack-of-potatoes to mess with in the sack. That sounds gross. Scratch that, replace with, she takes up lots of room. Look at the latitude in which she takes up the couch, courtesy of her grandma with a camera in full Moose mode on the couch.


The Manifest Destiny that is my dog reach from one side of the bed to the other has become a great problem of recent. Serta can fuck themselves because you are never going to get a good night's rest with a husband or dog cramping up your room on the bed and forcing your spine to contort into inhuman like poses to be able to sleep. I could push her over. Ha. So I inevitably try to set up a nice little nest for her to sleep in with a down comforter and a teddy bear pillow and I still, night after night, get a dog paw plunging at me at 2:30 AM right in the spleen.

My only comfort, and a cold comfort at that, is that she will wake me up in the middle of the night needing to go pee on a patch of grass outside because she make the fantastic choice to drink 40 oz. of water before bed. I personally don't enjoy a forty before bed, that's a daytime beverage.


There is no real point to this blog. When it comes down to it, it's about love and snuggling with a loved one under "cubbies" whether it be man or man's best friend. Please disregard any single lady sadness subtext.

No comments:

Post a Comment